Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Energy Drink overdose = Little brother

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    I was thinking of the wrong think.

    Is ridalin the one that isnt used anymore?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Ritalin is still used.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Ritalin is still used, though it has been replaced by adderall.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Ritalin has not been replaced by adderall

    Ritalin
    Ritalin LA
    Adderall
    Adderall XR
    Focalin
    Strattera
    Concerta

    All used on a regular basis
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Compare ritalin prescriptions now, to 1995.

    They have tried to scale down ritalin/adderall because of recreational usage.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Sorry I should have clarified there, my mistake. I was meaning that adderall has become the lay person's name that immediatley comes to mind when ADHD/ADD is mentioned. For my clients, I personally think that straterra is better and the jury is still out on concerta (for me anyways)
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Strattera has shown in the clinic that I work at to be more effective when added to a stimulant.....we did see an increase in mood swings in some kids


    yeah look at the difference in haldol prescriptions too big decrease from 10 years ago. What seems to be happening though PCP's are sending their patients to a specialist to assess for further need of services and meds. I work with the specialist (for now though I start my new job Monday) all are prescibed a little too often.....then you have the people that come in making their kids lie so they can get meds....
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Yeah, ritalin was extremely over-prescribed at one point in time, and is being scaled back now, thats what I was getting at.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Too many parents use drugs as a quick fix, instead of working with their kids to see if there's anything actually wrong with them.

    I do believe it's appropriate for some, just not all those kids that are doped up out there.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Yeah I definitely agree with you on over prescribing of these meds....I think that a lot of time, since I do a lot of therapy with families before they can go and see the psychiatrist about getting medicine, that many of them just want their kids to sit still and be completely quiet and for them to not have to be PARENTS. Drives me nuts, so I do my part on parenting skills and education, though I wonder if it really makes a difference, b/c they still get the prescription from the psychiatrist even though I disagree with him and most of the time they don't come back for follow-ups.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •